Assigned Task: Think about a delicious and nutritious food like Khichuri or Pudding or Firni. Ask some questions to your mother about its recipe. Try to prepare it with the help of other family members. Now, describe how to cook it following the recipe of custard given in your textbook. Also, write down two reasons why it is good or healthy food.
Instruction for Assignment Writing:
- The main objective is to achieve the learning outcomes of the students. This will help you to take the lesson of the next class. So, it is important to follow.
- Use the textbooks prepared by NCTB for the academic year 2020 to prepare assignments. There is no need for guide books, or notes bought from the market.
- The student’s individuality and creativity will be verified in the assessment. So if you submit an assignment by copying someone else’s writing, it will be canceled and you will have to submit that assignment again.
- Assignments should be written directly in your own hand. It will be useful to understand the subject as well as the practice of handwriting.
- When writing an assignment, you can use any type of white paper (preferably A4 size). However, name, class, roll, subject and title of the assignment should be clearly written on the cover page.
Among Pudding Fireni and Khuchuri, my favorite dish is khichuri. I like Khicharci due to its delicious taste and health benefits. During the rainy season, we feel bored as we can’t go outside of the house but this Khichari can make us enjoy the day and that’s why people of our country prepare Khichuri during the rainy season. Every mother prepares Khichuni during an invitation or any other occasion. But most of us don’t know about the procedure of making khichuri. So it is an opportunity to know the procedure of making khichuri by following the description.
Ingredients for Khichuri
- 500 gm Normal rice
- 200 gm Chickpea dal
- 1/2 cup Vegetable/soybean oil
- 2 tbsp Ghee
- 1/2 tsp Black cumin (Shahi jeera)
- 2 pcs Bay leaves
- 4 pcs each Whole cinnamon & cardamom
- 1/2 cup Chopped onion
- 1 tbsp each Garlic-ginger pastes
- 1 tsp Cumin powder
- 1 tsp Turmeric powder
- 4-5 pcs Whole green chilies
- 1 tbsp Dried red chili powder
- As required Crispy fried onion/beresta
- To taste Salt
- 4 pcs Cloves
- 5-6 pcs Black pepper
- 1/2 tsp Nutmeg-mace paste
- At first, wash chickpea properly and soak for overnight or at least 4/5 hours. Then wash and drain well. Wash rice and drain before cooking.
- In the second step, we have to heat oil and 1 tbsp ghee in a pan on medium heat. Then, we have to add black cumin, bay leaves, cinnamon, cardamom, cloves, and whole black pepper. After few moments add chopped onion and fry for a while. We have to add garlic and ginger pastes.
- After putting all those ingredients we will mix well. Don’t forget to add salt.
- Keep an eye so that the spice will not burn add litter water to prevent burning spices. Add cumin powder, red chili powder & turmeric powder and stir for a while. Add mace-nutmeg paste. Cook for 1 min.
- Now add peas. Fry them for 2 minutes. Now add 1 cup of water. Cover and cook on medium heat till half-cooked. Keep stirring.
- When the water is dried, add rice and mix with peas very well. Now add 6 cups of boiling water, cover, and cook on high heat.
- Stir occasionally to avoid burning. When the water is dried and everything is cooked, add rest of the ghee, green chilies, and fried onions on top. Now turn the flame off and close the lid and keep for 10 minutes.
How to Make Pudding
Caramel: 4 tbsp
- Granulated Sugar
- 1 1/2-2 tbsp Water
- 2 Eggs
- 250 ml Milk
- 5 tbsp Granulated Sugar
At first, let’s make a caramel sauce for pudding custard. Cover the inner surface with unsalted butter from the custard cups. It will help you to remove the pudding from the cups easily. To make caramel put the water and the sugar in the pot. Heat the pot to medium heat. Keep the pot in the oven until the surface is softly colored. Roll the jar, including the sugar liquid. Caramel the sugar and take away the pot from the warmth. Pour the caramel into the cups of the custard.
Now, create a mixture of eggs for pudding. Crack the two eggs in a tub. Beat the egg gently with a balloon whisk. Add the milk, and therefore, the sugar to the pot. Switch the burner on. Stir within the spatula until all the sugar has dissolved. Apply the milk to the beaten egg and stir within the mixture. Sieve the egg mixture with a strainer. Now steam the mixture of eggs. Fill the custard cups gently with the egg mixture. Cover each cup with a foil of aluminum. Then, heat the water within the pan and put the cups within the pan gently. Wait for 18 to 20 minutes. Put kitchen gloves on and take away the custard cups. Store them in the refrigerator when they’re cold.
Now, Pudding is almost ready. Scrape the top of the cup with the tip of the knife. Bring out the pudding from the cup very carefully. After that pudding is prepared to serve or eat.
Pudding contains a lot of carbohydrates. Custard is a delicious addition to every kind of winter pudding. As milk is the main ingredient, it is a great source of protein. It is a healthy source of protein and contains calcium that is good for bone health.
[…] Assignment: How to Make Pudding / Pudding Recipe […]
Id wish to thank you for the efforts you have made in writing this article. I am hoping the same ideal function from you inside the long term also. In reality your creative writing abilities has inspired me to start my very own BlogEngine blog now.
Youre not the regular blog writer, man. You definitely have something important to add to the web. Such a special blog. Ill be back for more.