The Pronouns: In short, it is used in a sentence to replace a noun. A pronoun is a word used instead of a noun. – Wren & Martin.
Classification of pronoun
It is of 8 types. For instance:
- Personal Pronoun: I, we, he, she, they, you, it.
I go to school.
She goes to school.
- Demonstrative Pronoun: This, these, that, those.
This is my pen.
These are my books.
- Interrogative Pronoun: What, which, who, whom, whose.
Which book do you want?
Whom do you want?
- Relative Pronoun: Who, what, that, which.
This is the that gave me immense pleasure.
I need someone who can take challenges.
- Indefinite Pronoun: anyone, anybody, everybody, somebody, someone.
Anyone can solve the task.
someone has stolen my watch.
- Reflexive Pronoun: Himself, herself, yourself, myself, ourselves, themselves
He killed himself.
I tried myself.
- Reciprocal Pronoun: one another, each other
Do not quarrel with one another.
they like each other.
- Distributive Pronoun: Each, either, neither, any, none.
Each boy will get a pen.
You have written two essays but neither is correct