What is Cloze Test?
The Cloze test is a passage with gaps. Basically, a question setter uses a cloze test without clues to test students’ understanding of the passage. To solve a cloze test a student needs to understand the theme of the passage and to utilize his sense properly. In this regard, he needs to use some basic rules of grammar.
Rules of Cloze Test:
1) Active voice এর ক্ষেত্রে am, is, are, was, were, have been, has been, shall be, will be এর সাথে ing যোগ করতে হবে।
Ex. Recently world’s climate is _ significantly. Ans: changing
2) passive voice এর ক্ষেত্রে am, is, are, was, were, have been, has been, had been, shall be, will be এর পর V3 হয়। Ex. He has been___ the work. Ans: done
3) (can/ could/ may/might/ should/ would/ must/ have to/ has to/ had to/ + be), (could/ should/would/might + have) have, has, had, to be, having, (am/ is/ are/ was/ were/ shall be/ will be + being) এর পর v3 হয়।
4) By এর পর verb এর সাথে ing যোগ করতে হয়।
5) By এর আগে v3 হয়।
6) To be (am, is, are, was, were) + Adjective
7) To have (have, has, had) + Noun
8) There + To be (am, is, are, was, were) + Noun.
9) ব্রাকেটের শব্দের পূর্বে verb থাকলে ব্রাকেটের শব্দটি Noun হয়।
10) ব্রাকেটের শব্দের পূর্বে Adjective থাকলে ব্রাকেটের শব্দটি Noun হয়।
11) ব্রাকেটের শব্দের পরে Noun থাকলে ব্রাকেটের শব্দটি objective হয়।
12) verb এর পরে ব্রাকেটের শব্দটি Adjective হলে তাকে adverb করতে হয়।
13) ব্রাকেটের শব্দের পূর্বে Preposition থাকলে ব্রাকেটের শব্দটি Noun করতে হয়। কিন্তু সরাসরি noun করা না গেলে উক্ত শব্দটির সঙ্গে ing যোগ করতে হয়।
14) Possessive Case (my, our, your, their, his, her, Rahim’s) এর পর সাধারনত Noun হয়।
15) Sentence এর শুরুতে verb থাকলে সাধারনত verb এর সাথে ing যোগ করতে হয় অথবা verb এর আগে to বসাতে হয়। কিন্তু কিছু কিছু ক্ষেত্রে ing যোগ না করে Noun form টি বসাতে হয়।
16) সাধারনত the এর পরে noun বসে।
- Truthfulness is a great virtue. It is (a)_ to be the noblest of all virtues. It denotes the man’s (b) of speaking the truth. This virtue (c) a man nothing but it earns him a lot. For example, it crowns a man with (d) and dignity. Besides, everybody believes him and show him (e)_ respect.
- Kazi Nazrul Islam is (a)_ national poet. He is (b) as a rebel poet. (c) a rebel poet his (d) spread far and wide. (e)__ poetry deals with love for humanity.
- A book is our best friend. By (a) books we can know the previous history (b) the world. It is also called the (c) history of the world. It gives us (d) joy which cannot be expected from our (e). Books are always ready to be by our side.
- Trees (a)_ very useful to man. They (b) the rich top soil from getting washed away by rain water and floods. (c) provide us with food and (d) . We get (e)_ from trees.
- Bangladesh is one of the most (a)_ populated countries in South Asia. Her (b) area is smaller in comparison to (c) countries bust she has really (d) . She lost three million people in the war of (e) __ in 1971.
- A stitch in time saves nine. This is a very well-known (a). (b) people don’t care about anything. (c) put off a job for tomorrow (d) they are not sure whether tomorrow (e)_ come or not.
- Bangladesh is one of the most densely (a) — countries in South Asia. Her total (b) — is smaller in comparison to many (c) — but she has really a large (d) — She lost three million people in (e) — War of Liberation in 1971.
- Manner is the mirror of human character. Good manner is an integral part (a) — education. The :18. necessity of good manners (b) — be ignored. Rather, priority should be (c) – to them. To win love and (d) — of others, good manner is a (e) —
Next morning we (a) for Cox’s Bazar. We arrived there at about two and (b) the rest of the day by the sea-side. I had not (c) — the sea earlier so it was an exciting experience for me. We (d) – along the beach, bathed in sea water, ate sea food and (e) — ourselves.
Water is a vital element that makes (a) — environment. It is also (b) — life. But nowadays, all to types of water cannot be called (c) — Because it is not always (d) – So, today we (e) so say that pure water is life.
Bangladeshi people are fond of observing different festivals. Among these, Pohela Boishakh is the (a) – festival for them. People wear their (b) dress on this day. They (c) – very cheerful.
There is nobody but (d) — a Boishakhi Mela. Many cultural programmes are also held. People I enjoy these programmes with great (e)____
A book is our best friend. By (a) — books we can know the previous history (b) the world. It is also (c) — the living history of the world. It gives us innocent joy (d) — cannot be expected from our friends. Books are always ready to be by our (e) —
Independence is (a) — the birthright of a man. We achieved independence in 1971 through a (b) – War. People from all walks of life fought (c) — against the enemies. They did not run (d) — showing their back. Many freedom fighters became martyrs in the war. So, we remember them with (e)____ respect.
Newspaper is the storehouse of (a) — It reflects the customs and (b) — of other countries. In fact, it is the (c) — of current (d) — Truly speaking, it has become (e) — to our modern life.
[/et_pb_text][/et_pb_column] [/et_pb_row] [/et_pb_section]